Claymates

Hello, everyone!  Have you seen the new Wonder Woman movie?  I haven't had a chance to see it yet, but I do have a Wonder Woman story to recommend today.

 
Story title: Claymates

Author: Marc Andreyko

Genre: superhero comic

Time to read: 10 minutes.  I enjoyed this story with cold milk and a freshly baked cherry-banana streusel muffin.    


 

Found in: Wonder Woman '77, volume 2

The Dr. Pepper can depicts Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman, while the comic book depicts Lynda Carter's.

Storyline: This comic book features Wonder Woman as played by Lynda Carter in 1977.  I liked all eight of the stories in the book, but "Claymates" was my favorite, because it combined humor and adventure.  In the story, the villainous mudman Clayface tries to conquer Wonder Woman's home, Paradise Island.  She has the invisible jet, the lasso of truth, and the help of her Amazon sisters, but will that be enough to defeat the fiend?

Illustrations: Title page art by Nicola Scott & Annette Kwok.  Story art by Richard Ortiz & Christian Duce; color by Romulo Fajardo, Jr.; lettering by Wes Abbot.  Cover art by Jason Badower.

Notes: You are never to old to enjoy comics!


I am linking up with Elizabeth & Bleubeard for T Stand for Tuesday.



Comments

  1. I never got to see the original Wonder Woman, nor have I seen the new movie. But I always thought Lynda Carter was beautiful. If I had been near a TV back then, she would have been my idol.

    Your muffin looks wonderful. And a cup of cold milk is just the thing for a hot afternoon. Thanks for sharing the Dr. Pepper can, your milk, muffin, and story of Wonder Woman with us for T this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have not seen either versions of the movie but I do think Lynda Carter was stunning.
    Your muffin sounds delish! Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did see the movie and I really liked it. Your muffin looks yummy. I think I need to bake up a batch. :) Happy T day. Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Comics were never a fave with me, and I haven't seen the wonder woman film, but I must admit I rarely go to the cinema as it is always so expensive. Muffins and milk sounds like a great choice, I love a glass of cold milk here and there. Happy T Day, hug, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen any Wonder Woman things at all but she does look glamorous. I and sure the muffins and drink helped you enjoy the reading as well

    Happy T day

    Love Chrissie X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never read a comic in years, maybe I should, It was a great post to read,
    Happy T day
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still haven't seen the Wonder Woman movie, as I didn't go when the husband and son saw it in the theater. That muffin looks a real treat! yummmm

    Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We just saw the movie last week and i have to say we enjoyed it very much... the woman that plays her is great in the role... fits it to a 'T'... and i enjoy Chris Pine too.... Definitely worth a look see... I do remember watching the old Wonder Womans on TV but they might have been reruns by then... Happy happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a tasty looking muffin, Denise. I haven't seen any Wonder Woman movies, but I vaguely remember the TV series - especially the theme song - lol. Happy T-day! Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  10. When anyone says Wonder Woman I think Linda Carter for sure ♥ We rarely ever go to the movies. We wait until it's on cable or netflex. Too much to go to the movies and I have trouble setting that long doing nothing. At home I can crochet,knit or do art while watching and pause for the many bathroom trips :-/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always loved the WW tv show with Lynda Carter. It was great to have a female hero.
    Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't seen the films and I have never read any of the comics, (although my adult daughter has a Wonderwoman poster on the Wall). I had my drink ready and was ready to do a ten minute Reading, thinking you would post the story.... Never mind, I misunderstood.
    Happy (belated) T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think the publisher would like it if I posted the full story. :) I just try to give people ideas for things they might like from the bookshop or library.

      Delete

Post a Comment